Baguette Sandwich of Roasted Apricots, Fresh Goat Cheese, Prosciutto, and Butterleaf Lettuce
From Stone Fruit Cooking with Hugh Groman Catering
Serves 5, or makes 10 small sandwiches
- 6 apricots, cut in half and pits removed
- Salt, pepper, and olive oil for apricots
- 1 sweet baguette (about 18 inches long)
- 5 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 5 ounces Prosciutto di Parma, thinly sliced
- ⅓ head butterleaf lettuce, leaves washed and dried
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or to taste)
Toss halved, pitted apricots in olive oil with salt and pepper to taste. Roast at 375º until soft and lightly caramelized. Remove from oven and cool.
To assemble sandwich, slice baguette lengthwise and spread bottom half with goat cheese. Top with roasted apricot halves, prosciutto, and butterleaf lettuce. On top half of baguette, drizzle balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Add top to sandwich. (If you have toothpicks or sandwich picks, secure the sandwich with 10 evenly spaced picks.) Cut sandwich into 10 pieces using a sharp serrated knife.