- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms (stems trimmed off if they seem tough)
- 8 ounces blue oyster mushrooms (break clusters apart)
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil into a large skillet and place over medium to high heat. Add all the mushrooms and bay leaves to the pan. Sauté for about 1 minute, flip the mushrooms, and then sauté for another minute. Reduce temperature to medium-low and cover the skillet to steam the mushrooms for 3 minutes. Remove and set aside the mushrooms, but retain any liquid accumulated in the pan.
To make the adobo sauce, add remaining olive oil, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, and sliced garlic to the hot pan and stir to combine. Raise the heat to medium-high, return mushrooms to the pan, and cook for 3 minutes while turning the mushrooms in the adobo sauce. Turn off the heat and season with salt and pepper. Serve over rice or noodles.
- Category: Entree
Keywords: Mushroom Adobo, plant based recipe