Liven up your late-summer table with the rich green of basil pesto, muted tones of chopped pistachios, and golden-green hue of extra-virgin olive oil. My inspiration was a bottle of Frescobaldi Laudemio extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- Generous drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Simple Basil Pesto (See recipe below. Reserve the extra for pasta.)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- Crackers, bread sticks, or veggie sticks for dipping
For the Simple Basil Pesto
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Make the Simple Ricotta Pesto by mixing the finely chopped basil with the olive oil.
To assemble the ricotta dip, mound the ricotta cheese on a serving plate. Make a swirl indentation in the ricotta with the back of a spoon. Drizzle the olive oil into the swirl indentation. Top with a little of the Simple Basil Pesto and chopped pistachios.
Serve as a dip with crackers, bread sticks, or veggie sticks.
- Category: Appetizer or Side Dish
Keywords: Dip, Ricotta, Olive Oil, Pesto