This refreshing salad features some of summer’s best offerings: melons, peaches, and cucumbers. Good melon choices include watermelon, muskmelon, cantaloupe, and Persian melon.
- 3 cups 1-inch melon cubes
- 2 large peaches, skin removed, sliced into wedges
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 8 ounces crumbled feta or goat cheese or small-cubed gorgonzola
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh mint (plus extra whole leaves for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- Salt and fresh-cracked black pepper to taste
Arrange melon, peaches, cucumbers, and cheese down the middle of a long platter or board. Whisk together mint, oil, and vinegar or lemon juice and drizzle this vinaigrette over the assembled salad. Sprinkle with salt (to taste) and fresh-cracked pepper, garnish with mint leaves, and serve.