From the East Bay Avocado
Back in 2013 when she gave us this inventive ceviche recipe, Caterina Rindi was busy turning excess backyard lemons from neighbors’ yards into preserved items, which she traded and sold at popup markets. Caterina is one of the founders of Shareable.net, an online magazine that covers the people and projects bringing a shareable world to life.
- 1 pound very fresh seafood, such as bay scallops, shrimp, and red snapper
- 2 avocados, roughly diced
- 1 preserved lemon, finely diced
- Juice of 2 lemons (approximately ¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons sliced shallot
- 1 teaspoon diced serrano chili
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
If using fish filets, cut into bite-size pieces. Peel and clean shrimp. Mix together all ingredients and let marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.